Security, reliability and affordability -The basic requirements for the locking door device, which are presented by the buyers. The cylinder mechanism due to its simplicity and versatility is successfully used by many manufacturers and is found on the market in a wide range and various modifications.
Types and forms
Different types and methods of installation make the cylinder lock universal, the type is selected depending on the material of the cloth and the requirements for the work and appearance of the door.
The cylinder mechanism has a standardized size, so it is easy and fast to replace.
The form is a cylinder, but also occurs round, in the form of drops or triangular designs.
Types of cylinder mechanisms: disk, pin, frame, magnetic or special with increased complexity.
- Mortise. Installed in the hole made inside the case, if the sheet is solid, or in the case of a hollow metal door is embedded in a special box, followed by a facial finish.
- Overhead. Installation is carried out directly on the outside of the door.
Cylinder mechanism for the lock consists of twothe main parts: cylinder and executive. It is designed for moving and fixing door locks, the reliability of the entire system is provided by the special design of the secretion mechanism.
Structure of the castle:
- The shell is usually made of brass, a mechanism is installed in it. The thicker the wall, the less chance of getting to the filling from the outside of the door.
- Locking mechanism.
- Bolts (bolt) - fixing elements. In the closed position go into a special locking hole in the door frame. The quantity depends on the model and its degree of reliability.
- Bolt (latch) - an element that helps to keep the door in the closed position, enters the frame of the door frame through the lock bar.
- Lever - ensures the operation of the mechanism when locking / unlocking.
- The front faceplate of the mortise lock - the fastening element, also has a decorative function.
- Locking bar - is installed on the door frame, has holes for bolts.
- The key is the element that starts the system.
Principle of operation
The operation of the system is simple, the key or latch-turntablerotate the tab of the cylinder mechanism (lever), which starts the work of the bolt. The standard size has only the width of the mechanism, the length is selected depending on the thickness of the door.
The cylinder mechanism for the lock is classified according to the opening method:
- The key works only from the outside, on the back there is a rotary knob - one-sided type.
- Holes on both sides of the door are double-sided. The cylinder key / key mechanism is most often made of aluminum with a protective brass insert. Used for mortise locks.
Any lock produced or imported into Russia should have accompanying documentation - a certificate of compliance and meet the requirements of GOST.
Choosing the cylinder mechanism for the lock, you need to pay attention to its class, depending on the duration of operation (the number of cycles to be worked out).
The minimum number of thousands of cycles for a bolt cylinder mechanism
To improve the protection of the castle's larvae, manymanufacturers: thicken the shell wall, increase the number of structural elements of the mechanism. Materials are used: hardened, alloyed metals, as well as composite elements.
Protection against intrusion
The reliability of burglary resistance depends on the class (I-IV) and is characterized by the time (min) required to destroy the main elements of the lock:
- Drilling of the lock / secrecy mechanism for I-IV class: 2; 5; 15; 30 minutes.
- Unscrewing the contents of the cylinder, for Class II-IV: 50, 100, 250 Nm.
- Mechanical loads in the form of impact, for class II-IV: 80, 150, 300 Joules.
The cylinder mechanism has a secret of differentcomplexity, depending on the number of combinations created by the pins. The length of the locking pin is the same, unlike the code pin. The number of combinations (N) and complexity is determined by the number of notches n and incisions k on the working surface of the key, total: N = nk
Locks from Kale: a lineup, main characteristics
Castles Kale - worthy representatives of the familycylinder mechanisms, are in great demand and respect among door manufacturers and many buyers. The resource of locks of this company is calculated not less than for 40 thousand cycles, that repeatedly increases the service life and minimizes the number of failures.
Maximum protection against burglary: the possibility of transcoding, the presence of an armor plate, the system of blocking pins OBS - when trying to break (bumping), mushroom-shaped pins - protection in the selection of code; Stems made of high-quality alloy steel - from drillings.
Locks Kale (cylinder mechanism "Series 164"):
- BNE-Z (IV class). For metal doors, 2 mounting keys, maximum protection against burglary. Protection against drilling, bumping, picking, code selection.
- AS (IV class). Triggering alarm, 6 brass pins, basic methods of protection against hacking.
- CEC (IV class). Additional steel insert, OBS protection, code elements in 3 rows, reversible key.
- YGZ (IV class). Steel insert, passing through the cylinder body, OBS system, 6 brass combination pins.
- DB (IV class). 10 combined brass pins, OBS system, additional steel plates. Model DBME (key-turntable) - increased resistance to rupture.
- OBS B. 10 combined brass pins, OBS S - 6 pieces, IV safety class, blocking pins operating in the OBS B and OBS S system, respectively. OBS BN and OBS S models - cylinder key / key mechanism; Sun and SC combination key with turntable.
- B (II class): 10 combined pins. DBME-protection from a break key / turntable, BN key / key, BM key / turntable.
- S (II class): 6 combination pins (91,000 combinations). SX - long stock, SN key / key.
- G (II class): 6 combination pins (55000 variants) GN - key / key, GM key / turntable.
- F (II class): made for opening with a key with a cross-shaped core, 6 brass pins.
Cylinder mechanism Apecs: types, characteristics
Company Apecs - the largest distributor of locks and various door accessories in the market of the former USSR since 1992.
The most popular among buyers are the cylinder mechanisms, despite the wide price range, any proposed products are of high quality and excellent design.
The company offers two types of cylinder systems:
- XS. Pinov 18; steel pin, pressed into the cylinder body - protection against drilling; Steel plate - protection against tearing; two steel clamps of the cylinder body - protection against pulling the core; duplicate only from the original.
- SC: eurocylinder, type of key SC-Z-C English, for Blister - key profile. Cylinder made of brass, 6 pins. Two types: with a turntable and a lock / lock.
- XD IV class. Protection from bumping. The length of the mechanism: 62 mm - 11 pins and for 72 mm - 13 pieces. Double row arrangement of pins. Two pins are made of high-strength steel. Steel insert from the gap, protection from knocking out. A special groove of pins.
- RT-series for mortise locks. Eurocylinder, no conversion, profile key, 6 pins.
- 4KC: pin 13, cylinder brass, profile key.
A wide range of products, differing in quality, made the company Apecs a recognizable brand both among large door manufacturers and ordinary buyers.
The choice of a lock is a task that requires an individualapproach in each individual case. Cylinder mechanism for the lock is popular among buyers for more than a dozen years, and a wide variety allows you to use both in ordinary interior doors, serving only the boundary barrier, and for the entrance doors, providing them with the maximum level of protection.