The development of memory and attention is one of thethe most important moments in the upbringing of preschool children. This is much more important than acquiring specific skills (teaching reading, writing, writing). And this is due to the fact that the ability to concentrate on one or another task, to notice small things and quickly memorize new information is equally useful in studying any field.
- Up to 1 year. During this period, mainly motor memory develops. That is, best of all, the crumb remembers the movements that it performs. And it is better to remember those who were accompanied by certain emotions and / or had some kind of result.
- 1-2 years. Volume, as well as the strength of memorization in this period are increasing. The kid begins to remember and recognize close people (besides parents). From one year to two, a figurative memory is formed, which explains why the first conscious memories of a person, as a rule, refer to this period.
- 2-4 years. A new period in the life of a little man introduces regular changes in the processes of memory development. At this age, the kid begins to memorize more complex words, he bases the logical thinking. In addition, the range of acquired and imprinted motor skills is expanding.
- 4-6 years. The child during this period can spontaneously memorize anything, but mostly in memory, what is interesting to him is something that causes strong and vivid emotions.
How to develop memory and attention in children? There are several effective exercises for the development of memory, and now we will consider the main of them:
- The first exercise is ideal for developmentmotor memory. Of course, it is more interesting if there are several participants in the game. The essence is simple: the child is blindfolded, and the adult companion becomes a "puppeteer". His task is to hold the baby, holding it by the shoulders, along a certain route (for example, make 3 steps to the left, 2 back, then sit down and make 4 more steps to the right). After that, a bandage is removed from the eyes of the child, and he must pass this way anew.
- Talking about how to develop memory and attentionchildren, one can not help recalling another game familiar to us all from childhood. You need to print two pictures - the "original" and its copy, on which some elements (or new ones) will be missing. The task of the child is to find the differences between these two pictures.
- Auditory and associative memory may also beimproved. There is a special exercise for this. Mom or Dad calls a word, for example "candy". The child should describe the appearance, some properties of the object or action that can be performed with it. In the case of candy, this may be the words "sweet, pleasantly smells, it can be gnawed or resorbed." In addition, the development of auditory memory is very well influenced by the exercise when the child repeats (tapes) the rhythm set by the adult.
Continuing the theme of how to develop memory andattention, it is necessary to say that the best kids are trained in the game. There is a huge number of educational games. A vivid example - we all loved from childhood mazes. You can draw them yourself or download them. Equally interesting are the games-confusion, in which the child needs to determine which of the coil knits, or what road to which lock leads. When we develop memory, attention, thinking and logic, the exercises in which the child needs to be connected in a certain sequence of a point in order to make a drawing come to hand. You can also make cards where objects with names that sound similar (for example, a spoon and a cat, a dew and a rose) will be depicted. The task of the child is to select the corresponding pairs of pictures. Games that develop memory and attention can be bought in the store or made independently.