To date, the popularity ofarrangement of floors in different rooms with different materials. In other words, a separate type of cover can be used for each room. It happens even that several premises are used in one room. Everything depends on the individual desire. For example, it may be that the bathroom floor is made of tiles, and the corridor is laminated. In this case, there is a possibility of a difference in levels and a non-aesthetic joint between these coatings. To eliminate this error apply such devices as thresholds for laminate.
Types and modifications of the product
The thresholds for the laminate aredecorative strips. They are made of different materials. The most popular are the thresholds for laminate made of steel, aluminum or brass. These devices made of metal are covered with a special film, imitating wood, gold or silver. This gives an elegant look to the product. There are also rubber, plastic and wooden thresholds for laminate. However, they are less effective and wear-resistant.
Metal thresholds for laminate (lining) are of several types:
- Corner, having a rubber insert. They are used for stair flights and steps.
- Kanty - multi-level thresholds for laminate. They are used to carry out a tight clamping of two types of coatings, which have different heights.
- Joints or single-layer pads. They are simple in design. These devices are designed for pressing single-level coatings.
Features of the application of thresholds between laminate and tile
Currently, some rooms are useddifferent coatings. For example, in one room can be laid and laying tiles, and laminate. With this version, it is impossible to avoid the junction between the materials.
Setting threshold for laminate - a description of the process
The fasteners of these products are made in two ways:
- Outer method. It is the most common infastening lining. This process involves fixing the padding to the base with screws or dowels. Virtually all of these devices have preliminary markings and have symmetrical holes for fasteners. Through them it will be convenient to carry out marking on the bottom. This is important in this case. After the marking has been carried out, it is necessary to drill holes in the concrete base for dowels. Then you need to fix the device. To the wooden base, the threshold can be screwed directly with screws.
- Hidden mode. It is based on fixing the threshold toFloor covering with liquid nails or special glue. This method is laborious, but it is more aesthetic, since fasteners in this case are invisible.