Today, one of the leaders among floor coverings is laminate. Consumers give it preference due to a number of positive characteristics:
- Laminate - this is a durable coating, on which there are no traces from the falling of heavy objects, scratches, dents from furniture wheels;
- laminate operation does not require special efforts, it does not need to be looped and polished like natural parquet, simple regular wet cleaning is enough;
- thanks to modern technology, laminateoutwardly practically does not differ from natural wood. Manufacturers learned to copy not only the texture and wood of the tree, but also give the surface roughness;
- laminated floors are warm, harmless and waterproof;
- well, the main advantage of laminate floors- they are very easy to mount. Thanks to the Click-2-Click type locking connection (latch), even non-professionals will be able to fasten the boards and gather an even floor. In addition, if necessary, the floor can be dismantled.
The thickness of the laminate. Classification of laminate boards
The thickness of the laminate is the basis for its classification. There is a laminate with a thickness of 6 to 12 millimeters. Typically, the following classes of laminate boards are distinguished:
- laminate for home use
- 21 - for rooms with low walking intensity (bedrooms and pantry);
- 22 - for rooms with an average intensity of walking (children's, wardrobes);
- 23 - for rooms with a high intensity of walking (kitchens, corridors, hallways, children's for grown up children).
- laminate for commercial premises
- 31 - for areas with weak operational load (reception, bargaining);
- 32 - for areas with an average operational load (offices);
- 33 - for areas with high operational load (stores).
The thickness of the laminate for the house is 6-8 millimeters, forcommercial premises - 8-12 millimeters. Laminate board of 21 and 22 class in Russia is almost never found. Some manufacturers give to the laminate 33 classes, provided that it is used in household premises for a lifetime warranty. Recently appeared board class 34, the thickness of this laminate allows you to use it in places with a special load: airports, train stations, dance classes, car dealerships.
Substrate under the laminate
Installation of laminate flooring is not possible without the use of a special substrate for the laminate. The substrate performs several important functions:
- due to the use of the substrate, the roughnesses that are most likely present on the concrete screed are smoothed out;
- the substrate reduces noise and providesgood thermal insulation. The thickness of the laminate with the substrate provides good sound insulation, and the greatest absorption of noise can be achieved by using a substrate for a laminate of cork material;
- the substrate protects the floor covering from technological moisture, which can remain in the concrete floor of the floor.
Recommended thickness of the substrate under the laminateis 2-3 millimeters. A thicker substrate can settle in the joints of the laminate boards, which will lead to a disruption in the integrity of the floor covering.