The peculiarity of choosing a floor covering in privatehouse or apartment is the need for its decoration for each zone. And invariably the question arises: what is better: parquet or laminate? This is due to the fact that, for example, in the bedroom and kitchen on the floor are completely different loads, as well as different operating conditions and design requirements. And if in the bedroom you can use any cover, including expensive soft carpets, then for the kitchen, hallway and even the living room there are many limitations. Therefore, the question of what is better - parquet or laminate, for many is relevant.
The most popular options for todaylaminate and linoleum. The last sign we have several decades, but the laminate, despite the fact that it is not the first year is a fairly well-known material for finishing the floor, many still raises questions. Yes, and linoleum today is very different from its ancestor of the Soviet era, and its different types have different properties and can also be used for different areas of the apartment. In this article, we will try to understand what is better: laminate, linoleum, parquet?
Those who decided to focus on choosing this particular material, it is worth reading several recommendations:
- Linoleum, belonging to the category of "household"is the simplest and lowly budget option. It is designed for relatively moderate loads and quickly enough (in comparison with higher-quality categories) loses its appearance, especially if there are many people living in an apartment or a house.
- Semi-commercial linoleum differs from householdmore practical, resistant to long loads and durability. It can be used not only in residential buildings, but with too much workload, for example, in an organization with very high traffic capacity, it will also lose its external qualities over time.
- The most reliable - linoleum commercial, itsusually plank where the per day per day can be several hundred people and even more. But for use in an apartment there will be enough and semi-commercial, and even then only if the owners want to have some margin of service for such a cover.
Close examination of the characteristics of the above mentioned materials will help to answer what is better in the apartment: parquet or laminate, or linoleum.
Advantages of linoleum
The main advantage of linoleum can be called that withThe time of its appearance, such qualities as unpretentiousness, reliability and durability, have not disappeared. He is familiar to us all from the very childhood and rarely causes questions or problems in the repair. But this can also be attributed to the shortcomings - many of it is simply bored, I want to trim the floor with something more modern and technological.
It is necessary to note other positive qualities of this material.
- The main advantage is the price. Linoleum is inexpensive, especially household and semi-commercial, and all categories of consumers can afford it.
- It is easily laid and does not require any special skills and knowledge. Put it can anyone who has enough power in their hands.
- Low thermal conductivity. Floors with linoleum are almost never cold, even at a low temperature in the room.
- Reduced noise and sound steps.
- The material does not slip. This makes it a good option for the kitchen and bathroom, as in these rooms the floor is often wet.
- A wide choice of colors and imitations of other materials. Thanks to this linoleum can be selected for any style of interior.
Orient, by the way, you can not only studypositive and negative quality of materials. What else will help answer the question we are considering (linoleum, parquet or laminate: what is better)? The photos presented on the World Wide Web and in this article will demonstrate all the coverings visually.
Disadvantages of linoleum
The minuses of this material include the following qualities:
- Linoleum is squeezed under the weight of furniture, especially in those places where cabinets and sofas stand for years without a rearrangement.
- Cheap linoleum brands are sensitive to extremetemperatures, especially high. Even under the influence of boiling water, such material can skukozhitsya and swell. Therefore, the kitchen is better to choose more expensive and quality options.
- Appearance. This feature is both an advantage and a disadvantage. Whatever the quality of linoleum, except for the most expensive luxury brands, with the naked eye it is always clear that this is an imitation, not a laminate, not a stone, and certainly not a parquet.
- Wear. The cheaper linoleum, the faster it will lose an attractive appearance, although the canvas itself can remain intact for many years and even decades.
Comparing what is better - parquet or laminate, orlinoleum, it is worth noting one more important point. Linoleum is an excellent floor covering for those people who do not want their apartment or house to look prestigious and expensive. The quality, appearance and price of modern brands of this material are presented in the optimal combination, so it is an excellent solution with a limited budget for repairs.
To answer the question that interests us (parquet or laminate: which is better), it is worth considering some performance characteristics.
Laminate is often called laminatedparquet, but this is a wrong comparison, because the parquet is made of natural wood, and the laminate is still an artificial material, albeit of high quality.
It consists of several layers - a substrate, a plate of MDF or chipboard, a decorative layer that gives a color, and a protective polymer (laminate).
This material is divided into several classes according to the wear resistance parameter, therefore for a flat and public needs the laminate is selected in accordance with this parameter.
An interesting quality is moisture resistancelaminate flooring. It has a special protective layer that can withstand even a strong soaking, so it is great for the kitchen and other wet areas of the apartment or house. However, remove the puddle needs to be in time for two hours, otherwise the floor will still swell.
The coloring of the laminate, as in the case of linoleum,can be either monotonous, or be an imitation of a parquet or a wooden floor. Laminating protective layer is glossy, matte and structural, reinforcing imitation boards.
Laminates of the laminate
And the shortcomings of this material also exist. And they are as follows:
- For wet rooms it is required to buy a laminate of a special brand. Usual in such conditions will last no longer than five years, and the quality and appearance will begin to lose even earlier.
- Sensitive top layer. Polymer, which protects the base of the plates, it is easy to damage, dropping a heavy object on it. Any other strong physical impact may be disastrous.
- Frequent cleaning and improper care can lead to stains on the surface of the coating. It will be impossible to get rid of them in the future.
- Even with full compliance with the technology of laying withtime laminate begins to creak, as the joints of the boards are gradually clogged with dust and small debris, which leads to loosening and general deterioration of the condition of the floor.
- Filled with water is not protected from moisture laminate almost always have to change to a new one, as it comes to complete disrepair.
Advantages of laminate
Advantages should be noted:
- more affordable price than tiles and parquet;
- choice of colors and high quality of imitation;
- simple installation: the laminate is laid using locks in the ends of the boards, it does not need to be glued to the floor or spread all over the entire width, like linoleum.
Summarizing the arguments about what is best -parquet or laminate, we can say that the latter option will suit those owners whose families do not have children and pets who can spill water, scratch or even somehow ruin the cover during the game or through carelessness. Laminate requires careful and careful attitude, so those who do not want to think about flooring after installing it, it is better to prefer linoleum. And as a whole it is quite stylish and beautiful coating, especially glossy.
Comparison of laminate and linoleum
For comparison, it is worth considering the most important qualities of materials and comparing them.
- Cleaning. Linoleum can be washed with plenty of water at least every day. In the case of a laminate, cleaning requires a lot of rules and can not be carried out often.
- Life time. Even household linoleum will serve much longer than laminate.
- Fire safety. Both types refer to combustible materials, but linoleum is still more resistant to active burning.
- Soundproofing. Linoleum reduces both the noise from the steps along it, and coming from the neighbors from the bottom. The laminate does not have these qualities and can even transmit the sound of the neighbors' steps from above.
- Resistance to mechanical influences. Laminate perfectly maintains constant pressure from the legs of furniture, heels and similar objects, but it is unstable to sharp and strong shocks. In the case of linoleum, the opposite is true.
- Appearance. Laminate has a more presentable appearance and in some cases it can even be confused with a parquet board. Whereas linoleum is seen right away, no matter how expensive it is.
When evaluating these materials, it becomes obvious that linoleum is more practical, whereas laminate flooring is more attractive externally.
What is the difference between parquet and laminate? What's better?
On the floor is to be said separately, because thiscoating refers to the premium class and is much more expensive than the best quality laminate. Parquet is primarily a natural tree, which already speaks volumes. Despite this, it has its drawbacks.
- The need to meet certain temperature conditions to preserve the original appearance.
- Complex care. Washing and cleaning of parquet require the use of many special means, and the process itself is more labor-intensive than in the case of laminate.
- Imbalance to damage. Heels, walking sticks, chair legs - all this damages the top layer of the parquet, which leads to a severe deterioration in appearance.
Parquet, like laminate, is impracticala material that requires many conditions and complex care. Therefore, the choice to stop it is if the repair level and appearance of the floor are more important than practicality and service life.
Advantages of parquet
To analyze the question of whether parquet or laminate - which is better, you need to consider separately the advantages of the first type of coverage. Advantages of this material include the following qualities:
- Parquet or a parquet board can be restored on a place, without removing all covering. In case of damage to individual boards, they can also be replaced.
- Parquet, as well as it is necessary natural wood, very warm, therefore to bare feet it will be more comfortable and pleasant to walk on a parquet, than on a laminate or linoleum.
- To understand what is best: parquet or laminate in the kitchen, it is necessary to take into account the resistance to moisture. Like any other board, parquet is resistant to short-term exposure to large amounts of water. Therefore, if the spilled liquid is wiped in time, there will be no consequences. In this the materials under consideration are similar.
- Ecological cleanliness. This parameter is of particular importance if the family has children or adults with poor health and chronic diseases or allergies.
- Appearance. Parquet refers to elite coatings, so its appearance does not go in comparison with the laminate, winning in all respects.
Which is better: parquet or laminate? Reviews say that in general, the materials are similar, but the parquet is more presentable and much more expensive.
As for linoleum, it is more practical, buthas a low price and inexpensive view, so it is an excellent budget option. But this material is distinguished by a wide variety of colors and designs, so it is suitable for those who prefer patterned coverings.