If a person decided to make a full-fledged repair inhis home, this is the beginning of a great work, which he must overcome step by step. Repair work involves many sections. The main of them are: painting or gluing wallpaper on the walls, processing the ceiling and laying the floor covering.
In our time there are many materials that are longevity and strength. A variety of colors can make choice difficult.
The article details one of thecommon types of flooring. It is often used when creating simple interior designs and grandiose expensive projects. Man with his own hands can create unique things that will later allow him to be proud of the work done. After all, it's so nice to do something yourself, and at the same time to save some money for handymen.
An ordinary person can become both a designer and a builder who will execute the entire project qualitatively. After all, everything can be learned now, thanks to step-by-step instructions.
Floor coverings: types
Floor coverings are one of the main parts of the interior. It adds a cosiness and aesthetic completeness to the project. There is a certain technology for laying parquet with your own hands.
Parquet is created from wooden elements, sincethis is a wooden covering. Parquet was born in the time of Gothic Europe in the late 13th century. Parquet is divided into several types: piece, panel and typing.
Piece of parquet
Stacking of parquet with own hands becamecommon in construction. It is made of solid wood species. This coating is made of grooves and spikes. When there is a parquet laying by own hands - the certain uniform structure is created.
Locked together in a certain lock partscreate a drawing. The length of the strips can reach 60 cm. The thickness is about 10-20 cm, and the height is 8 cm. This parquet has superiority over other types of parquet and coatings. Advantages of piece parquet:
- long-term material;
- withstands a lot of restorations and repairs;
- a great variation of the patterns.
The cut of parquet patterns can have the following types:
- Select - the technique of laying small pattern.
- Natur - a pattern that is duplicated, consists mainly of small details.
- Gest is a catchy design.
- Classic - a pattern that has a texture.
- Universal - a pattern that often changes to the style of the interior.
- Antique - a pattern with different colors, which constantly vary.
Assortment (mosaic) parquet
This flooring got such a name thanks toits features. Mosaic parquet contains colored details. Shields are standard sizes - 40 × 40 or 60 × 60 cm. The thickness of these slats is 18-20 mm.
From this type of parquet can create a differentmosaic, patterns and patterns. The face of this coating has a paper protection. It is removed after the completion of all repair work. You can glue the soundproofing to the inside. When laying parquet with your own hands, you need to carefully consider the idea and draw a drawing of the mosaic in advance. Types of attachment:
- riveting with rebate;
- rivet with an oblique groove;
- riveting on a solid rail;
- riveting on a soft rail.
In laying this parquet with your own hands is 2layer. The first part is made of fiberboard or boards. The second part is the front one, which is made of small pieces of wood. The dimensions of this parquet are different. It can be either small parts or large parts.
The front side is varnished. The most commonly used pattern on the parquet floor is the square and its varieties. Also, such a parquet has different reasons. The bases of the paneled parquet:
- from the framework;
- from racks;
This type of parquet is the most expensive. There are many bends, lines and small details of the picture, which are combined in a very beautiful composition. This parquet can be purchased by people with a large fortune. When laying this parquet use a lot of types of wood - this is what creates an amazing impression after the end of work.
Laminate is not made of wood, it has only its structure. Laying it on the old parquet floor is one of the most common types in everyday life. Laminate consists of 4 parts:
- laminated upper part;
- decorative layer;
- Fiberboard or chipboard;
- The lower part, which protects the coating from moisture.
This species is often used in modernrepairs. It is even possible to lay the laminate on the old parquet with your own hands. Nowadays, domestic craftsmen do different miracles and create real high-quality work, which can be at the level of professional performance.
Laying laminate flooring on your own, reviews
Here is a short list of tips from the craftsmen:
- Laminate can be put on any surface - the main thing is that it is even. Initially, it is desirable to process it.
- Before starting work, be sure to check the fixing strength. Defective parts in the beginning will be invisible, but over time you can very much regret.
- Laying a laminate on a parquet floor is a common thing. First you need to check the condition of the old parquet, maybe it can still be restored. After all, all the same parquet is better than laminate.
- The owner had a situation: parquet is old, is in the house since the 70's. We decided to make repairs, lay the laminate on top of the old parquet. There were problems with joints - their height was different. Due to the unevenness of the floor, the laying was extremely difficult. The best solution is to sand the old parquet before laying.
Step-by-step instruction for installing a parquet on a screed
Types of laying:
- on the old floor;
- on a concrete foundation;
- on the lag.
To lay the parquet with your own hands you will need:
- a hammer;
- electric jigsaw;
Step-by-step instruction for laying parquet with your own hands
- First step. First you need to check the percentage of moisture in the surface. For this, there is a special device that can be purchased in any construction market. The moisture level should not exceed 2%.
- Second phase. The whole floor must be primed with a special glue for the wooden base. On this basis will lie the plywood. Adhesive must match the type of primer. Specialists recommend using rubber glue. It takes 7 hours to completely dry the primer layer. Only after this it is possible to proceed with the following works.
- The third stage. If the surface moisture above 2%, then you need to apply a special basis - "hydro-barrier". This is a special primer, which is coated twice. Between the two covers there should be a break - usually one hour. The first layer is sprinkled with special sand. This type of primer is moisture repellent.
- The fourth stage. After the first three stages, plywood sheets, which are moisture-resistant, will be needed. Their thickness should be about 1.5 cm. Each sheet should be cut into four identical parts. When laying it is important to leave joints measuring 4 mm. When the sheets are fixed, the smoothness of the surface is checked immediately. This level will help. If the level will be lost, it means that the surface is uneven.
- The fifth stage. After you need to cover the plywood with glue, this will help a wide spatula. Then begins the installation of the parquet itself. The panels are fixed with an assembly gun.
- The sixth stage. After laying the wooden base, the whole surface is shpaklyuyut and ziklyuyut. This is usually done after one week. First, do the cycling - this stage is performed using a grinder. So you can remove all the irregularities and dirty surface details. After you need to fill all the cracks. They are formed due to temperature differences. In order for the color of the base putty to match the coating, it adds dust to the wood.
- Seventh stage. Once the putty dries, you need to do the final work on the surface. It needs to be varnished. The first thing to do is prepare the room. It is important to turn off all electrical appliances, remove drafts. Screws can affect the moisture level on the surface. Experts advise to apply the varnish in several layers. The first layer is called a primer. It is necessary for the tree to retain its natural shade. The second, the finishing layer, is applied only after the drying of the first - to complete all work and beautiful gloss of wood.