In the Middle Ages, shrimps were not considered valuableproduct, and they were not popular. Nowadays in Sicilian and other kitchens these crustaceans have found wide application in various culinary dishes, united by the common name of pasta with shrimps. It is explained by the nutritional value and low calorie content (total 71 calories in 30 grams of shrimp), high in phosphorus, potassium, calcium, iodine, protein. Shrimps are also an important source of useful cholesterol, depending on the method of preparation, it can contain from 122 to 251 mg per 100 gr of shrimp. Therefore, consumption of shrimps is considered a healthy food for people with a circulatory system disease, as it helps to lower the level of triglycerides. But there is another side: shrimps, like other crustaceans, are among the most common food allergens. This is not a kosher product, that is, shrimp are banned in Jewish cuisine, but are considered halal, and therefore allowed in Islamic cuisine.
Quite quickly, just 35 minutes, you can cook pasta with prawns and Blast Bayou. To do this, you need the following ingredients:
- From 20 to 25 (625 g) large shrimps (clear).
- 500 g cooked linguini (flat spaghetti).
- 2 spoons of tea Creole seasoning (alsoknown as Blast Bayou). For its preparation mix 2½ tablespoons of table paprika with salt and garlic powder (each take 2 table spoons), add 1 tablespoon of black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, dried thyme. All the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- 2 tablespoons of tea olive oil.
- 4 tablespoons buttery butter.
- ½ cup of white wine (dry).
- 1 tablespoon of garlic chopped finely chopped.
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice (freshly squeezed).
- 1 teaspoon of lemon peel.
- ½ tablespoon of tea salt.
- 1/8 of a spoonful of freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of chopped red pepper.
- 1/4 cup green onions (use only the pen).
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves.
Shrimps are placed in a bowl and addedCreole seasoning. On a strong fire, warm in a large frying pan, oiled with olive oil, 2 tablespoons butter butter. Add the prawns and distribute them evenly throughout the frying pan. Fry minutes 2 on one side, turn over on the other side, also fry, add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Pour wine, lemon juice, throw there the same lemon zest and the remaining 2 tablespoons of creamy butter, stew for a minute and a half. Season the shrimps with pepper (black and red) and salt, add the green onions. Remove the frying pan from the fire, mix with parsley and spread the shrimps on pre-cooked pasta (linguini). Serving pasta with shrimps is recommended in hot form.
A delicious and simple salad with pasta and shrimps can be prepared from the following ingredients:
- 500 g of any pasta.
- 3 cups of water.
- 500 g of unpurified fresh shrimp.
- ½ cup diced celery.
- ½ cup ripe olives.
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms (buttons).
- ½ cup chopped chestnuts (take edible, not horse, without removing the shell, and after making a cross cut, boil in water for about 7 minutes after boiling, take off the shell and slowly cook for another 30 minutes).
- 3/4 cup (faceted) mayonnaise.
- 2 tablespoons sugar (if desired).
- 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- ½ tablespoon of tea salt.
- 1/8 of a spoonful of tea pepper.
The main components of the salad are pasta withshrimp. The recipe for cooking is not difficult. Bring water to a boil, add shrimp, again bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, boil on low heat for 3-5 minutes. Further, they throw it back in a colander and wash the shrimps with cold water. After the shrimps cool down, they are cleaned. Cook macaroni according to the instructions on the package, filter. Rinse with cold (pre-boiled) water and drain it. Stir the prawns, celery paste, olives, mushrooms, chestnuts. Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt and pour this mixture of pasta with shrimps. Spread in a salad bowl and put for a while in the fridge.