Every woman wants to be fashionable and beautifulalways, but especially in the summer. In sunny, bright weather, I never want to wear something bright and memorable, for example, a sundress. But what if you do not have one in your wardrobe? There are two options for solving this problem. The first is to run to the store and buy yourself such a thing, the second - to sew a sundress with your own hands. Of course, you can resort to the first option, but the second will use your imagination, imagination, skill and will allow you to make an absolutely unique thing yourself.
How to make sarafans with your own hands?
For this we need a sewing machine, a small piece of fabric (preferably a multi-colored material) and, accordingly, a lot of desire to do something amazing and exclusive with our own hands.
Let's start with the fabric
We begin to sew the summer sarafan with the simplestway. Accordingly, you need the material bright, beautiful. We choose the best with a floral ornament, as this kind of fabric does not require a complex cut.
How to sew a sundress with your own hands: instruction
- First determine the length of the sundress. The choice depends on your taste.
- We measure the length itself, add 2-3 centimeters, add to the allowances from above and below. It is best to leave more, then you can cut it.
- To determine the width, measure the volume of the thighs. You can make the product a bit wider. It will be good to look a long, wide model, sewn from a light streaming fabric. Calculating the width is simple. The width should be 1.5-2 times wider than the volume of your thighs.
- The sarafan has only one seam. One more is the top and bottom of the fabric for processing.
- Fold the fabric in half face to face and dothe seam. Then it is necessary to press it and process the slices. The bottom should be bent two times and stitched. Fabric from above we turn inside out so that it would be possible to place an elastic band, and stitch it. Do not forget to leave a hole for the pin with an elastic band.
- When all the seams are done, you need to insert the elastic, as sewing the sundress on the elastic is the easiest. After we measure the product on ourselves. Finish only the finish.
- Sewing straps, you can decorate with colored beads. You can also sew a belt or choose the correct belt.
This is the easiest way to sew sundresses with your own hands.
I want to remind you once again about the accuracy andcare. No wonder the proverb says: "Seven times measure, cut once". This proverb is directly related to tailoring. Do not try to do everything in half an hour. Sarafans for the summer are made easy, most importantly - desire, imagination and, of course, skill and skill. The last two conditions are achieved by practice. More often try on your masterpiece. Because that's how you can adjust the seams. After stitching, it is necessary to iron the seams and from the wrong side to sweep them on the overlock. Do not be afraid to create something with your own hands. Be braver and you will succeed!