The Internet is our everything. Perhaps, that is how it can be said about its significance in the modern world. After all, if a person has a question, he starts looking for an answer on the Web. And only those sites that occupy the first positions in the search will be given attention. Therefore, among all site owners there is a tough competition for a place on the search page.
Webmasters use a variety of methods tobypass competitors. Some of them are completely accepted by search robots, and some are very risky, since they can drive a resource under the filter. One of these techniques is black SEO, or black optimization. About them and will be discussed in the article.
What is optimization?
Before starting to study black SEO,It is necessary to have a general idea of what the optimization of sites is and what it is. Website optimization is a method of search engine promotion of a resource, a unique set of techniques that will take the first positions on the search page for a specific query.
Optimization is internal and external. To internal carry optimization of content (text, graphics and media files). External optimization consists in increasing the reference mass. That is, the resource must refer to other sites of similar themes. Important is the creation of a semantic kernel and the selection of key queries. Usually optimization is a long, time-consuming and constant process. But if everything is done according to the rules, sooner or later the site will begin to occupy a leading position in the search results.
However, there are methods that help accelerate this process. This is the so-called black SEO and gray SEO. What is the difference between different types of optimization?
Types of CEO
Depending on how the owner promotes his resource, SEO optimization can be divided into several varieties:
- White SEO-optimization. The most honest method of promoting the resource. The site is progressing naturally and gradually.
- Gray SEO optimization. The method of promotion is not the most honest, but not forbidden, the main thing is not to overdo it.
- Orange SEO optimization. Its main purpose is toreceive traffic by any means. This includes the attraction of visitors who are not the target audience, and the addition of keywords that do not correspond to the topic of the resource.
- Black SEO optimization. It is built on various clever methods that help to deceive the search engines and bring the resource to the TOP.
To understand what distinguish white, gray and black SEO, you need to consider specific examples of the features of their functioning.
As already mentioned, these are legal methodswebsite promotion. For clarity, you can set an example. Suppose a certain resource was registered in the site directory in order to receive traffic. This catalog has a high TIC and corresponds to the theme of the site. Such registration is not prohibited by the search engines, increases traffic and adds weight to the external reference mass of the site.
The second scenario will look likethus: the same resource was registered in the site directory in order to increase the reference mass. Often, such directories may not completely correspond to the topic, but this is also not prohibited by search engines.
In fact, there is no difference in white and gray optimization. It depends more on the moral qualities and conscientious work of the owner of the resource. For search engines, these processes are no different.
Here, promotion methods can directly affectthe position of the resource when ranking, and most of them are forbidden by search robots. These methods include the acquisition of links with keywords or the use of cloaking, this is when search engines and visitors see different information.
If you give an example with the registration of the site incatalogs, the black optimizer will simply order the auto-run link to the main resource in the database of 40 thousand directories. You can register in directories, but here you can see an obvious attempt to confuse search robots during the indexing of the resource. For this basically there should be no sanctions, but also the benefits of this are few.
Methods of black SEO
So, what is black SEO? This is a way to promote a site using forbidden methods. This is a kind of business where scientific developments in search technologies are involved. On their basis, sites are created, the main purpose of which is to attract visitors and display monetized advertising content. And the more we know about search technologies, the worse search engines work.
Now it is clear why they update the search algorithms so often.
But no matter how much they are updated, there will always be 7 techniques of black SEO:
- Hide the text. One of the classic ways to promote the resource. Its essence is that from the user hide the text, full of key queries. To do this, use either a small font or an absolute identity of the background color and letters. Visitors can see only the information they need, and search robots are provided with an abundance of key requests.
- Cloaking. This is when on the resource there are two types of content: one useful and attractive for users, another, inappropriate and with an abundance of key words, for search robots.
- Invisible links. To increase the reference mass, punctuation marks or miniature images that are not visible to humans are used as anchors.
- Dorway. In literal translation, the "front door". Black SEO-promotion occurs on the principle of creating low-quality resources and promoting them to the TOP, after that, users are redirected to a site that is designed specifically for them. Even today, this method is actively used.
- Linkfarming. The method of promotion, which creates an entire network of resources, which in the links point to each other. The so-called mutual buildup of the reference mass.
- Satellite. Features of black SEO promotion arethe creation of a network of resources that help to promote the main site to the leaders. After the main site refers to the same resources and, thus, all satellites occupy the first page of the search.
- Automatic registration. The site is autonomously registered in special catalogs and link exchanges.
A little more about the methods
Now it's clear what a black CEO is. The methods presented above are not the only ones in black promotion technology. There are a few more tricks that are not included in the TOP-7:
- Spamdexing. This method is to create pages,which are focused exclusively on search robots. They are distinguished by information illiteracy and a large number of keywords. At what these keywords do not always refer to the subject matter of the site, they are high-frequency queries that attract visitors (but do not hold them).
- Swap. This technique is well suited forsites-one-day. Its essence lies in the fact that immediately after the site is indexed by search robots and takes the first positions, its contents completely change. And before the next indexation by search robots, the site takes a leading position. This method is most often used for short-term projects. Such sites are called butterflies, one-day, their life, although bright, but short.
The Benefits of Black Optimization
It has long been thought that the black CEO isA disgusting way of promoting a resource, on which there is nothing useful. And after a few months the site falls under the filter, and all the work goes wrong. But there are techniques that help in creating quality content. There are situations when you need to hide from the user a certain part of the text. In this case, you can use the "display: none" style. Ban for him will not follow, although the weight of the keyword will decrease slightly.
Those who work with block elements canuse the style "text-indent: -1000em" in order to hide everything that is needed, but it hinders the viewing of content. A useful thing is the use of the tags "noframe" and "noscript". If you put links in them, then the user does not even guess about their existence, but the search engines will pay attention. This method is relevant when the owner wants to place referral links on his website. It receives traffic, part of the weight of the page goes to the partner's site, and users simply enjoy viewing the content.
Refuse or not?
Most optimizers are categorically againstthe use of black SEO, because, in addition to filters, search engines can completely exclude the site from the search index. Black optimization focuses on the promotion of the resource methods that do not match the leadership search engines. Optimizers call to make sites with useful and unique content, and for promotion use only legal methods, that is, white optimization.
But it is difficult to agree with this. If you think logically, some methods of black SEO are not so bad, and you can use them without fear of sanctions. Of course, this does not apply to methods such as hidden text and links, cloaking and doorway. As for linkframing and creating satellites, these are excellent strategies that will help achieve what you want. But only if they are done manually, and not be adjusted by robots. In this case, the black CEO turns into white.
In optimization, as in business, it is necessary to seebenefits even in a loss-making enterprise. Combine, it would seem, incompatible ideas and understand where the limits of what is allowed end. Only in this case, even from the black optimization can get a benefit.