The architecture of the 19th century is a rich heritageof the whole world society. What great importance have such buildings as the Cathedral of Christ the Savior in the capital or the General Staff in St. Petersburg! Without these structures, we can no longer imagine the architectural ensemble of these cities.
Russian architecture of the 19th century is characterized bysuch directions as classicism, empire - the last stage of the development of classicism, as well as the Russian-Byzantine style. What belongs to each of these directions? Now we'll figure it out. Classicism is an appeal to antiquity, which means that these are majestic buildings, most often with columns.
The architecture of the 19th century in this direction was represented by the following buildings.
- Smarny Institute and the building of the Academy of Sciences were built Quarenghi. Perhaps, these are the only buildings of the 19th century in this style.
- here it is impossible not to mention the Triumphal Gate,the building of the Bolshoi Theater, the Manezh and the Alexander Garden are the buildings without which our capital will be no longer the same. Moscow architecture of the 19th century in the classicism style was represented by such outstanding architects as Beauvais and Gillardi. The Bolshoi Theater is a symbol of Russian art and the cultural life of the people to this day, and the Triumphal Gates, erected in honor of the victory over Napoleon, create an image of the greatness and power of our Motherland. To the creativity of Gilyardi it is necessary to include the Board of Trustees and the estate of Kuzminki.
Empire - the next direction in the architecture of the 19th century. This is the last stage of the development of classicism. Style is represented in large numbers on the streets of the cultural capital of Russia:
- Zakharov rebuilt the Admiralty, the spire of which is one of the symbols of the city; The Kazan Voronikhin Cathedral is a symbol of Nevsky Prospekt, and the Mining Institute is the pinnacle of the development of this direction.
- TO. Rossi - one of the greatest architects of Old Palmyra, his Mikhailovsky Palace became the Russian Museum - the repository of all the artistic traditions of our country. The building of the General Staff, the building of the Senate and the Synod - all this is not just an architectural ensemble of the city, but also an integral part of history.
- The great brainchild of Montferrand is the St. Isaac's Cathedral. In this large, majestic building you can not help but fall in love: all the details and decorations of the cathedral make you freeze with delight. Another work of art of this architect was the Alexander Column.
The architecture of the 19th century was also represented by the Russian-Byzantine style, prevalent mainly in Moscow. The most famous are the following buildings:
- The Cathedral of Christ the Savior, the Great Kremlin Palace and the famous Armory Chamber complemented the Kremlin (architect Ton).
- The historical museum of Sherwood allowed to make the Red Square an even more significant place.
Thus, the architecture of the 19th century in Russia ismore than buildings. These buildings left a trace in history, in their premises great things were done and important questions were solved. Without these monuments of architecture, we can not imagine our country.