To be like someone does not mean to be him.After all, whatever one may say, life will still have to live its own way. Ben Reilly was always just a copy, even the best, but what he had to endure has little to do with the life of Peter Parker.
Benjamin Reilly (Scarlet Spider) is considered the mosta successful clone of Spider-Man. There were rumors that he owed his appearance to a genetically changed person, a fighter with good - the Shakala. The goal was to destroy Peter Parker. And to look at the results of his work, he abducts the real Spider-Man and brings him to the stadium "Shey". There the first meeting of two spiders took place.
Only Ben Reilly did not die.He lived several years away from New York. The guy completely withdrew and lost confidence, because he realized that he was just a copy of Peter Parker. But an old friend of Seward Trainer brought him back to life. He found a job for him and helped him to his feet. With him, Benjamin forgot that he was a clone, and felt himself a full-fledged person.
The fact is that all this time he was hunted down by Cain- Another clone of Spider-Man. He managed to substitute Ben, leaving fingerprints (and they coincide) on the body of the woman he killed. And after that he was deprived of Elizabeth, staged her death.
Return to New York
After a while Benjamin learns about the badFeelings of aunt Mae, so again appears in New York. To avoid trouble with the original spider, he decides to meet with him and explain the reason for his appearance. Peter Parker first refers to him with disbelief, but later accepts the guy, and their relationship again acquires a friendly character.
Only they did not have to cooperate for a long time, because inSeward Trainer appears in New York. He conducts several analyzes and tells Ben that he is a real Spider-Man, and Parker is just a clone. This bit disappointed Peter, and the guys decided to temporarily stop working together.
Later, because of the pregnancy of Mary Jane, PeterI had to forget about heroism for a while. Therefore, he finds the Scarlet Spider to ask him to be a Spider-Man instead of him. Ben Reilly (Marvel) is happy for a friend and not against being replaced. He puts on almost the same costume, only the spider's logo does more.
The death of Ben Reilly. True or false?
After revealing Osborn's plans, both spiders find him. Between them, a battle begins, in which the Scarlet Spider, having closed his body with Peter, receives a fatal wound.
But he does not die. It's just that Benjamin realizes that one Spider-Man is enough for the world. Therefore, he dramatizes his own death and leaves for Portland, where he works to work as a cleaner named Henry Jones.
It would be logical to assume that the Spider-Man clone should have exactly the same abilities and skills:
- Force. The superhuman strength allows Ben Reilly to lift more than 5 tons.
- Dexterity. The mobility of the Scarlet Spider is explained by very elastic tendons and connective tissues.
- Endurance. The one who volunteered to monitor the order in the city, there are no days off. At any time someone might need his help. It's good that he is tough enough to fight crime without rest for a very long time.
- Resistance to damage. Thanks to strong bones and muscles, Ben Reilly can suffer more injuries and injuries than an ordinary person. In addition, the body of the Scarlet Spider regenerates. True, you can still hurt him.
- Overreaction. Simply put, it is this ability that allows him to be invulnerable to a firearm or any other weapon.
- Superhit. The Scarlet Spider has no eyes on the back of the head, but there is something better - a spider's flair that warns him in advance of danger. Thus, he avoids numerous injuries.
Besides this, Ben Reilly is an excellentphotographer. This skill he inherited from Peter Parker. Of weapons, he has only a mixture, reminiscent of cobwebs. It is placed in special containers and when in contact with air it turns into a strong and sticky fiber.