Despite the fact that the director-director is alwaysremains behind the scenes, he plays the most important role in creating movie masterpieces. Like a conductor, he sets the rhythm of the film - his own, unique melody. That's why it's so important that the director is fully laid out on the set. However, do not forget about professionalism, because only a well-trained specialist can bring the business to its logical conclusion. And therefore, let's talk about where you can learn the cinema? What is the role of the director on the site? And what is the difference between the genius of directing from ordinary workers in cinema and theater?
Who is the director?
Probably the most accurate description of this professionindicates that this person is the main head of the staging process. That is, the director is the figure that gives orders to writers, actors, cameramen, sound engineers and so on. At the same time it is his word that is decisive in making final decisions. However, such power requires the director-director maximum dedication. After all, the future success of the premiere depends on how well it performs its work. Therefore, if the picture proves to be a failure, then all the blame will lie on the chief executive, that is, the director.
A bit of history
The first mention of the directors are datedthe middle of the XIX century. In those days, this concept applied to a person managing theatrical productions. By and large, his only task was to correctly place the actors on the stage and make sure that they did not mess up the words. And it was only at the beginning of the 20th century that the director's powers expanded to control everything that was going on at the show. At the same time, one important point should be remembered: all the duties and rights of the director were established within the walls of the theater. That is, initially this profession appeared exactly there, and nowhere else. So, the theater is the true home of all directors.
Choice of specialization
Let's start with the fact that the profession"director" - this is a very broad concept. After all, there are specialists who work exclusively with documentary films. And there are those who are much closer to the animation. So let's look at the narrow specializations the profession shares:
- Theatrical direction. In this case, the specialist initially learns to control the atmosphere that reigns on the big stage. All his skills will be aimed at organizing performances and theatrical productions.
- Circus art. Working with artists on the arena is very different from creating the usual productions in the theater. For example, improper preparation for the performance of gymnasts can lead to serious injuries. And if you make the number too simple, the viewer will not get those emotions for which he came to the show.
- The TV. This direction is very multifaceted - it includes a number of separate categories. For example, some production directors specialize exclusively in TV shows, others create fantastic blockbusters, while others, and at all, shoot music videos.
Where and how can I become a director?
Alas, in our country there are not so many educationalinstitutions that can teach directing skills. And, nevertheless, with a strong desire and perseverance, anyone can get one of the places in the following universities:
- All-Russian State University of Cinematography. Gerasimova.
- Russian University of Theatrical Art.
- State University of Culture and Art in Moscow.
- Theater Institute. B. Shchukin.
- St. Petersburg Humanitarian Institute of Trade Unions.
It should be remembered that before entering you will need to choose a certain direction: directing the theater, animation film, stage music and so on.
Duties and Rights
The director-director plays a very important roleon the set. It is simply impossible to list the full range of his duties, as this will take quite some time. Therefore let's discuss only its basic rights and tasks:
- First of all, the director must look at hisproject through the eyes of viewers. Only so he can understand what he has and what does not. And only then he starts editing the script and a set of actors.
- Work with writers. Today, only a few director-directors independently write scripts. Often this task falls on the shoulders of more skilful writers and artists. However, it is the director who approves the final version of the text, and if desired, and at all can force the writers to rewrite it.
- Management of the cast. The director-director not only selects artists for the role, but also directs them during the filming process. He explains to them what emotions should be played, where to fall, and where, on the contrary, it is necessary to improvise.
- In addition, the director distributes various recommendations to specialists in lighting, decorating, makeup, sound and so on.
Summarizing, let's say, only through diligencethe director of a hundred specialists can work as one well-coordinated mechanism. And therefore, it is he who is their heart and soul, without which the film can not become truly alive.
In conclusion, let's talk about the most famous directors-producers. At the same time, we will discuss not only their glory, but also how they could achieve it:
- Alfred Hitchcock (1899-1989) - American masterhorror. Despite the scarcity of special effects, the films of this director have always fascinated the public. And all because he knew how to make viewers feel the plot as if they themselves are on the scene of events.
- Charlie Chaplin (1889-1977). Many people know this person as an excellent comedian, but only a few are aware that he was the producer of all the scenes in his films. As for the secret of his success, he is quite simple: excellent humor and an excellent game.
- Steven Spielberg (b. 1946) - the most famous director of modern times. From under his arm came the best blockbusters of the XXI century. As Spielberg assures himself, his success lies in his unquenchable thirst to surprise people, whom he always follows.
- Fyodor Bondarchuk (b. 1967) is a Russian actor and director. Probably, today Bondarchuk is one of the brightest directors of films in Russia. And all because his works are filled not only with the colors of Hollywood, but also with a kind Russian soul, which is so pleasant to the audience.
As you can see, becoming a director is not so easy. This requires not only knowledge and skills, but also an innate talent.