The words "doctor" and "humanist" are not synonymous,but are inextricably linked. Medical professions oblige to be humanists, to love people and help them in any, even the most unfavorable conditions. For people who have health problems, the profession of a doctor is uniquely related to the provision of help, support and understanding.
A little about the profession
The profession of "medical worker" requiresIts owner has a certain courage and dedication. This is due to the fact that people are trusted by health workers as professionals who know their business well.
That is why, when choosing medical professions asthe whole life, a person is obliged to study even after graduation, because the diseases are constantly changing, as is their treatment. Among the medical educational institutions there are special secondary schools, institutes and academies.
List of medical specialties
The list of medical professions includes such specialties as:
- Obstetrician - specialist in gynecology for pregnancy and childbirth, takes delivery.
- An anesthesiologist is a specialty related to the study and use of pain medication for severe pain and shock conditions.
- Venerologist - specialist in infectious diseases of the genitourinary system in men and women.
- Gynecologist - specialist in diseases of the reproductive system in women.
- The dermatologist studies the diseases of the skin and mucous membranes of a person and treats them.
- Dietitian is a specialist who helps to solve problems with many diseases by changing the composition and diet.
- The cardiologist is on the protection of the cardiovascular system of man, is engaged in the prevention and treatment of diseases associated with it.
- Speech therapist helps to solve problems with speech impairment.
- The nurse is responsible for the patient's compliance with the prescription of the doctor during inpatient treatment.
- A neuropathologist is a specialist who studies and treats diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system.
- The nephrologist studies and treats kidney diseases.
- Ophthalmologist - specialist in eye diseases.
- The oncologist deals with the study, prevention and treatment of tumors in the human body.
- The otorhinolaryngologist deals with the treatment and prevention of diseases of the ear, throat and nose.
- The pediatrician studies and treats children's diseases.
- The prosector (pathologist) makes a "postmortem" diagnosis.
- The proctologist studies and treats diseases of the colon and anus.
- The psychiatrist studies the causes of the development of disorders of the human psyche and is engaged in their therapy.
- The reanimatologist helps people to restore the vital functions of the body during serious illnesses, injuries or in the postoperative period.
- A dentist is an expert in the prevention and treatment of oral diseases.
- A therapist is a doctor who is engaged in the prevention and diagnosis of diseases of internal organs, the basic systems of vital activity of the body.
- Traumatologist studies and treats the consequences of injuries.
- Urologist is a specialist who studies, conducts prophylaxis and treatment, often surgically, the genitourinary system, adrenal diseases and the reproductive system in men.
- The surgeon is a doctor who treats the disease and trauma surgically.
- The endocrinologist is a doctor who studies and treats internal secretion glands.
Listed medical professions (listfar from complete) are the main profiles for this specialty. In each of them there are more narrow specialists responsible for the treatment of specific parts of the human body.
Secondary special medical education makes it possible to train specialists from the category of medical staff. The profession of a nurse is in this category.
A nurse (nurse) is an assistant orassistant doctor in a medical institution. The main task of middle-level medical personnel is to perform the patient's prescribed treatment and care for sick people.
Occupation nurse is included in the categorythe average staff of the medical institution and has several narrower areas. Although many specialties are included in the notion of "medical professions", the list of mid-level professionals heads the position of chief nurse.
Home and Senior Nurse
At the head of the medical staff isthe chief nurse is a specialist with a higher medical education (faculty of nursing). The duties of the chief nurse include the organization and control of the work of middle and junior medical staff, as well as their professionalism.
The concept of the organization of the workflow includes scheduling the work of the lower-level medical staff and monitoring its implementation. Also her duties include:
- Monitor the receipt, storage, distribution and accounting of dressings and medications, including those containing poisonous or narcotic substances.
- Monitor the performance of duties by middle and junior staff, as well as engage in improving their skills and professional level.
- To monitor the quality of disinfection of the medical institution, the timely change of bed linen and to monitor the transportation of patients inside the hospital.
The senior nurse is an assistant to the head of the department. Her duties include overseeing the work of the wards and nurses.
Secondary and secondary health workers
The category "medical professions with secondary special education" includes:
- Charge nurse. Supervises the patient's health and the implementation of recommendations and appointments of the doctor. She also cares for the sick and organizes their meals.
- Procedural nurse. Carries out the doctor appointed treatment, conducts blood sampling from the vein, puts a dropper, assists the doctor, makes lists of necessary medications.
- The operating sister. This is a doctor's assistant for surgical operations. Her job is to prepare an operating and surgical instrument and related materials for the operation.
- A district nurse. He is an assistant to the district doctor during the admission of patients in the clinic.
- Nurse of the polyclinic. He works with the doctors of this medical institution to receive patients.
- Dietsetz monitors the organization and quality of therapeutic nutrition, appointed by a dietician.
Nurses organize the work of junior medical staff: nurses, nurses and nurses.
People engaged in labor activity,associated with risk or harmful to health production, work with children and many other types of work, must undergo a medical examination. It can be held once a year or two years.
There is a list indicating who shouldundergo a medical examination. Professions that are included in it are categories of specialties related to harmful production or production risks, for example, with high-altitude work, harmful substances, noise, dust and others.
Also, mandatory mandatory medical examinations are held by food industry workers, teachers and employees of pre-school educational institutions, drivers, sailors, medical personnel and representatives of other professions.
Choice of profession
Medical professions are in demand in the modernsociety, therefore, the average special and higher medical institutions annually produce new specialists. This is primarily due to the fact that unhealthy ecology, constant stress, unhealthy nutrition every year increase the number of people with pathologies or chronic diseases.