The operating system Windows XP, which was released infar back in 2001, can still be found on the computers of some users. In principle, this is easily explained by the fact that for weak PCs used as a "workhorse", this OS is just perfect. The problem is that Microsoft has long ceased to support Windows XP, and activation of this system will not work in any of the legal ways. But, fortunately, even from such a situation there is a way out.
KMSAuto Net lets you runactivation of Window XP using a remote server. You will need to perform only a few simple actions, and the rest of the application will do it automatically. So, to perform activation, do the following:
- Download KMSAuto Net from the developer's site or another resource that you trust. If the application is placed in an archive, then it must be extracted from there.
- Run the program and select the option "Activating Windows XP Professional" (or the edition that is installed on your PC) in the main menu.
- In the working window of KMSAuto Net, there will be an inscription announcing the actions that the application is performing. You just need to wait for a while and in any case not close the program.
As soon as you see the message "Activation Successful", you can safely exit the application and restart the computer. This completes the activation of Window XP.
This method is suitable in the situation whenThe operating system has already been activated earlier, but the key "fell off" or you deleted it by carelessness. In this case, a small WinKeyFinder program will help you, and you should use it like this:
- Download the application from the official site. In most cases, WinKeyFinder is distributed in a compressed form, which means that you will need to unzip the program before using it.
- Open the application folder and run the winkeyfinder.exe file. Wait a few minutes.
- As soon as the program starts, you will see the key of your operating system in its main window. By the way, here you can see other registration data, if you suddenly need them.
Remember (or better rewrite) the key that the program showed you.
- Now click "Start" and select "Activate Windows XP". A window will open in which you will need to enter the key obtained with WinKeyFinder.
- Confirm the changes made and close the activation menu.
If everything is done correctly, you will only need to restart the computer. This completes Windows XP activation.
If none of the above methods is available to youhelped, then you have to do everything manually. The most difficult thing here is to find on the Internet a working key for Windows XP SP3 activation (or the version that is on your PC). Then do this:
- Open Registry Editor. To do this, click "Win + R", and then type "regedit".
- Go to the "WPA Events" directory, which is located on the path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Software - Microsoft - WindowsNT - CurrentVersion".
- Find the entry "OOBETimer" on the right side of the editor and right-click on it. Select the "Change" option.
- You will see a key consisting of a sequencerandom letters and numbers. You need to delete a few characters, and then enter others instead. It is important to follow the original key format. For example, if you delete 5 characters, then you need to enter 5 characters too.
- Save the changes and close the editor.
- Now click "Win + R" again and enter "% systemroot% system32oobemsoobe.exe".
- Select "Activation of Windows XP via the Internet" in the menu that appears.
- Enter the key that was found by you in the window that opens. Confirm the changes.
Then just follow the prompts that appear on the screen. At the end of the procedure, you will need to restart the PC.
According to the rules of Microsoft, you canfree to use Windows XP for 30 days. If you can not activate the OS, you can simply reset the timer every month. This is done as follows:
- Start the computer in safe mode. You need the option where there is support for the command line. Note that you will need to wait for a while until the system makes all the necessary settings.
- As soon as you see a flashing cursor on the screen, enter the command "explorer.exe" and press "Enter".
- The desktop opens. Click "Win + R" and write "rundll32.exe syssetup, SetupOobeBnk". Confirm the changes.
Now just restart and start the system in normal mode. If everything is done correctly, the timer will reset, and you can continue to use the operating system for another 30 days.
While activating Windows XP, take into account several useful tips. Here they are:
- If you decide to activate the OS using onefrom the programs mentioned in the article, it is desirable that you download them from the official site. Ill-wishers often mask viruses under application-activators, so be extremely cautious.
- When working with the registry (and this is necessary for manualactivation of the OS) it is better to make it a backup copy. To do this, before you start making changes, click on the "File" tab in the upper left corner of the editor, and then select "Export".
- If you did not activate Windows, and just reset the trial version timer, do not forget to do it again in 20-25 days.
Also, note that Windows XP support has long been discontinued, which means you can not count on the help of Microsoft's technical department.