Users who have recently started their acquaintance withWindows 7, experience problems when working with an unusual interface. Especially from this suffer those who switched to the "seven" with XP or from even earlier versions of the operating system. And the thing is that the developers wanted to simplify the interface as much as possible, but, as it often happens, on the contrary they made it even more confusing.
For example, many users in generalit's unclear how to find hidden files in Windows 7. And everything would be fine, but sometimes it really needs to be done to solve certain problems. Just how to view hidden files and folders in Windows 7, and even in several different ways, this article is devoted.
Why include the display of hidden files?
Microsoft employees tried to makeso that users can not damage the Windows 7 operating system with their careless actions. To this end, they "disguised" all the particularly important files necessary for operating the OS. The solution is quite logical, if not for one "but" ... Quite often malicious programs also hide their files, thus making it difficult to detect them.
If such a disaster befalls your computer, thenyou need to start acting as soon as possible. First of all, you need to make hidden files visible in Windows 7 and only after that start searching for malicious programs. About how to do this, just and will be discussed below.
Enabling visibility through My Computer
The easiest way to enable the display of the hidden files you need in Windows 7 is through My Computer. This is done like this:
- Go to the desktop and double click on the icon "My Computer".
- Pay attention to the button "Arrange", located in the upper left part of the opened window (immediately below the address bar). You need to click on it.
- A drop-down list will appear. Find the "Folder Options" line in it and click on it.
- A separate window will open. In it you need to go to the "View" section, drag the slider to the bottom and activate the "Show hidden files" option.
- Now you only need to click "Apply".
After these simple actions, all the files on your computer that were previously hidden will become visible.
Using the Control Panel
This method is a bit like the previous one, but it does not use "My Computer", but "Control Panel". So, to view the hidden files in Windows 7, do the following:
- Click Start, and then open Control Panel.
- Go to the "Design" section.
- Now look at the "Folder Options" category. Here you need to click on the line "Show hidden files". The "View" menu will open, which was discussed in the previous method.
- Here you, again, need to lower the slider to the very bottom and put a mark on the option "Show ...".
Next, you only need to confirm the changes and close all unnecessary windows.
Modifying the registry
This method is not recommended for beginners, since it means working with the registry. It is as follows:
- Press the "Win + R" button combination, and then type regedit.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then to Software.
- Then follow the directory Microsoft - Windows.
- Then follow in CurrentVersion - Explorer - Advanced.
- In the right window of the editor, find the file Hidden. Click on it and select "Edit". In the line "Value" write the number "1".
- Agree to make changes and close the editor.
Now all the hidden files of Windows 7 will be displayed on your computer.
Well, and finally a few tips:
- Never delete hidden files if you are not completely sure what you are doing. Otherwise, you risk disrupting the operating system.
- If you want, you can turn off the display of all hidden files on your computer by opening the "View" tab and checking the "Do not show ..." checkbox.
- Any file can be made hidden by going into its properties and including the parameter with the same name.
Also do not forget that hiding files and folders is not protected from intruders. To store important information it is more reasonable to use password archives.