White dots on lips are not onlycosmetic defect. In some cases, this symptom indicates a violation of the body systems. This may be a sign of infections, abnormalities in the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, beriberi or excessive accumulation of fat. Often, the formation of spots leads to the displacement of the sebaceous gland (Fordyce granules). The treatment of this cosmetic defect will depend on the origin of the rash. Next will be discussed in detail the main causes of this phenomenon.
Deviations in the work of the gastrointestinal tract
White specks can occur in peoplesuffering from stool retention and bloating. In this case, toxins are excreted irregularly. White spots on the skin of the lips are just one of the symptoms of a violation of the digestive tract. They will disappear only when the cause of their appearance is eliminated. If white spots are accompanied by dyspeptic manifestations, then treatment by a gastroenterologist is required. You should also pay attention to your diet. It is necessary to try to eat as much as possible sour-milk and vegetable food. This cosmetic defect will help eliminate the recipes of traditional medicine, which will be described below.
White dots appear with colds and hypothermia. They are usually located on the upper lip.
In this case, they have the appearance of bubbles,filled with liquid. But in the early stage of the pathology, the rash can be punctate. These are manifestations of the herpes virus. The causative agent is activated with a decrease in immunity. In this case, the infection itself should be treated. A rash on the lips will disappear spontaneously after recovery.
Unsuccessful shaving and hair removal
White spots on the upper lip may form after shaving. Also, their cause may be waxing depilation. This is due to the growth of hair and subsequent infection of the skin.
Spots in this case are located on the line of the upper lip and slightly go beyond its limits. You can get rid of them with the help of local medicines and folk remedies.
The cause of white spots on the lips under the skin maybecome deficient in vitamins and nutrients. Most often it is a symptom of iron deficiency in the body. However, in adulthood, such a manifestation is extremely rare. Most often this is observed in young children. In this case, you need to visit a pediatrician and undergo a course of treatment with iron preparations. After recovery, the spots disappear.
White dots on the lips may be wen(atheromas). Such formations appear due to blockage of the sebaceous gland duct. This is often observed in adolescents. In the pubertal period, the intensive work of the exocrine and endocrine glands is noted, and this becomes the cause of the appearance of the Wen. It is a soft, painless formation in the skin that can be easily moved to the side.
At first glance it seems that atheroma ispurely cosmetic defect. However, it is not. Wen are prone to growth and suppuration. Therefore, if white dots appear on the lips, they need urgent treatment.
Atheroma therapy is performed only with surgical procedures.by. After a small excision of the skin, the wen is removed with the capsule. In no case can not independently squeeze these formations. Remove the wen at home is impossible. Self-medication can lead to penetration of the infection in the area of atheroma and suppuration.
Sometimes small spots are formed on the lips (up to 2mm) whitish-yellow color. They look like blotches. Their appearance is due to the fact that the sebaceous gland moves to the upper layers of the skin. Such formations are called Fordyce granules. Photos of white dots on the lips can be seen below.
The exact causes of education are unknown to medicine.these granules. It is noted that they often appear in adolescents, pregnant women, and patients with seborrhea. These rashes do not cause any discomfort to the person. White dots on the lips in this case do not itch and do not hurt. However, they spoil the appearance of a person.
Fordyce granules usually appear in young patients under the age of 35 years. In elderly people, such rashes are extremely rare.
How to treat white dots on the lips? Therapy will depend on the etiology of this symptom. If the rash is caused by infection, avitaminosis or malfunction of the gastrointestinal tract, then you need to eliminate the cause of the appearance of spots. Wen are treated surgically.
You should not cut or burn the spots yourself. This can only aggravate the situation and lead to an increase in rash and infection.
Fordyce granules are treated withlocal drugs. The use of the cream "Retin-A" is shown. It is applied to white spots twice a day and held for 5-6 hours. Then the remnants of funds need to be washed off the skin. Usually, after several applications, a significant improvement occurs. The granules soften and fall off on their own. It takes 2-3 months to fully recover.
Use of jojoba oil is also helpful. This drug reduces the secretion of sebaceous glands. It is applied to the lips and left for 20 minutes, and then washed off.
If conservative treatment does not help, then the points are removed by surgery. The following types of surgery are used:
- Removal with liquid nitrogen (cryotherapy). This procedure can leave scars on the skin. To completely remove the spots may need several sessions.
- Electrocoagulation. This is a more benign procedure than cryotherapy. The contents of the granules are dried using high frequency current. Due to the cessation of nutrition, the formation on the lip dies and then it is removed.
- Removal using a laser. The pellet is excised and removed with a laser beam.
- Removal by radio waves. This is the most painless and low-impact method. The granules are excised using radio waves, such effects do not leave marks on the skin.
Cryotherapy is quite painful andtraumatic procedure. Therefore, it is carried out only in extreme cases. If the stains on the lips do not cause the patient any inconvenience, then they try not to resort to surgical treatment.
Therapy of white spots is carried out not only in clinics, but also in cosmetology rooms. Apply two methods of treatment: darsonvalization and tattooing lips.
In the first case, the apparatus Darsonval is used. It affects the skin of the lips with alternating high-frequency currents. This stimulates the microcirculation of blood and metabolic processes in the skin, as a result of the rash disappear after about 10 sessions.
Lip tattooing is rather not a treatment methodas a disguise of white spots. Special pigments are introduced into the epidermis. As a result, the lips are painted, and the dots are no longer visible. The effect persists for several years, then the procedure is repeated. Many women are satisfied with the result of tattoo. Under the pigment layer, the points are completely hidden. However, this method is purely cosmetological, it does not affect the cause of the appearance of spots.
Treatment of white spots folk remedies need to be coordinated with the doctor. Only a specialist can take into account all indications and contraindications to the use of home remedies.
We can recommend the following recipes:
- Kalanchoe. The leaf of this plant should be put on the affected lip and secured with adhesive tape. This compress is done twice a day. A week later, the spots become much smaller. You can replace the Kalanchoe leaf plants coltsfoot.
- Aloe. This method is useful for a small number of points. From the aloe plant squeeze out the juice and moisten their lips before going out.
- The composition of garlic. Garlic clove crushed to the formation of a pasty mass. Add 2 drops of olive oil to the composition. This means lubricate lips 3-5 times a day. The effect becomes noticeable after 1 month.
- A means of mummy and honey. Heat the honey and mix with 1 tablet of the drug "Mumiye". This tool is applied to the affected areas, hold for 10 minutes and rinse with water.
- Propolis oil. This drug can be purchased in pharmacy chains. They need to lubricate the points on the lips three times a day. The tool can be prepared independently. To do this, grind the propolis, pour it with sunflower oil and stand for several days.
- Mutton fat. This remedy needs to be melted, applied to the lesions and held for about 30 minutes.
It must be remembered that herbal preparations cancause an allergic reaction. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure that the patient is not hypersensitive to their components. Recipes for traditional medicine will not solve the problem radically. However, white dots will become less noticeable.