In modern household appliances, masssuch elements as TFT-screens. They can be found in a variety of types of devices: computer displays, screens of cell phones, tablets, ATMs, as well as in many other devices. What is this technology, what are its advantages? In this article we will examine what TFT screens are, their types and benefits.
Thin-film transistor (TFT), which in translation fromEnglish means a thin-film transistor. These elements are made of a thin film with a thickness of 0.1-0.01 microns. For most people, LCD monitors are associated with flat screens in televisions, laptops, video cameras, etc. Modern TFT screens are characterized by strong construction, high brightness, ability to work in a wide range of temperatures. Using the described technology allowed to reduce the weight, overall dimensions and power consumption of the equipment.
The first liquid crystal matrices appeared in 1972. Since then, these technologies have significantly evolved and changed. Today there are many types of TFT-monitors:
- TN TFT - this type of TFT color screen (firsttechnology, which appeared on the market of liquid crystal displays) is cheap. The disadvantages include color distortion, low contrast of the image, very bright and noticeable "broken" pixels.
- Super Fine TFT, these TFT screens are characterized bythe maximum viewing angle (is 170 degrees), as well as high color rendering, the response time is 25 ms, the "broken" pixels are black, respectively, not so noticeable.
- Super IPS, Advansed SFT - have a bright, high-contrast image, there is almost no distortion of colors, the viewing angle, high definition of the image is increased.
- UA-IPS, UA-SFT - has a low level of distortiontransmitted image from different angles. These displays are characterized by increased transparency of the panel and an expanded color gamut with a high level of brightness.
- MVA, the main advantage of this technology is the minimal reaction time, as well as a high level of contrast. The disadvantages are high cost.
- PVA - vertical microstructural placement of LCD.
The continuous development of TFT-technologies allowedsignificantly reduce the cost of production of such displays. An important factor in the wide distribution of active matrices in the industry has become simplicity in manufacturing. Nowadays, the touch screen (TFT) is commonplace, and twenty years ago, it was "expensive exotics". The appearance of touchscreens was preceded by the appearance of models capable of operating under harsh operating conditions. The result was the development of a TFT-monitor, which combined a visual information display tool, as well as a data input (keyboard). The efficiency of such a system is ensured by the serial interface controller. PIC controllers are used to control and decode signals from the sensor, as well as to suppress the "bounce", they are able to provide high speed, as well as accuracy of touch points determination.
In conclusion, TFT technology has almost completely replaced the tube monitors. To date, TFT-displays are no longer a luxury, but a natural phenomenon.