Each region of the Russian Federation has its owna distinctive symbol that shows his main activity, history or the importance of the subject for the country as a whole. The coat of arms of the Vologda region is no exception, it is made in the traditional European style. It includes many elements that carry a semantic load.
Coat of arms of the Vologda region
For this symbol was chosen the most common French form of shield in Russia, that is, its lower corners are rounded, and the middle is slightly elongated.
On the red background, the right hand is shown in goldclothes that appear from the clouds. It holds a power made of gold and adorned with gold stones, just behind it is a sword with a golden handle.
This composition crowns the crown of the Russian Empire with the blue ribbons waving in the sides.
The coat of arms of the Vologda region symbolizesjustice, legal judgment and, at the same time, a reliable defense for the fatherland. The state indicates the power and importance of the region for the country, its legitimate interests. The crown indicates the historical significance of the Vologda region and its high position.
The main colors of the emblem symbolize the following:
- Red is courage and courage.
- Golden - abundance, power, power.
- Silver - purity of thoughts and nobility.
Flag of the region
The flag of the Vologda region practically repeats its coat of arms.
As a background, a silver canvas was chosen,width and length of which correspond in proportions of 2 to 3. On the right side is a strip of red color, the width of which is one-fifth of the size of the whole flag. The coat of arms of the region is depicted in the upper left corner.
The sense value of the flag completely repeats the previous symbol.
Administration of the Vologda region approved the flagand the coat of arms of the region almost simultaneously. The above content of the emblem at the legislative level was adopted in 1995, but the flag appeared a little later in 1997.
Coats of arms of the cities of the Vologda region
- Vologda - the coat of arms of the main city of the region almost completely repeats the coat of arms of the region. A distinctive feature will be the absence on the symbol of the city of the imperial crown.
- Belozersk - on the heraldic shield shows a lake in which two sterlets float, in the upper part there is a month with a cross.
- Great Ustyug - on the coat of arms of the city is depicted sitting on the bank of Neptune with two red jugs, from which the water flows. In the upper left corner of the coat of arms of the Vologda region. The shield is crowned with a crown.
- Wiping - in the upper part of the shield the coat of arms of Novgorod is shown, and in the lower on a gold background a vessel with the Russian flag.
- Gryazovets - in the first part of the coat of arms the coat of arms of Vologda is shown, and in the second the machine for coloring the fabric.
- Kadnikov - the upper part of the emblem is similar to the previous city, and in the bottom there is a wooden tub with resin.
- Kirillov - in the upper field on a blue background showsa golden gear and a spike, they are crossed by an anchor, under it two silver fish swim to meet each other. In the lower field, black riveted on a tripod and two hammers.
- Nikolsk - the upper part consists of the Vologda arms, at the bottom a haystack is piled.
- Falcon - on the coat of arms of a bird of prey on a green background with a blue stripe, inside which is depicted a golden ship. In the upper left corner of the coat of arms of the region.
- Totma is a black fox on a yellow background, in the upper right corner is a symbol of the area.
- Ustyuzhina - on top of the coat of arms of Novgorod, below on a red background a stacked iron.
- Cherepovets - the coat of arms consists of three parts. In the upper coat of arms of Novgorod, in the lower left stone mountain, and in the lower right solar ray and steering wheel.
Each region of the country has its own individual heraldry. The coat of arms and the flag of the Vologda region carry a deep meaning, and show the significance of the territory for Russia.