Milk thistle is a plant that is surelyEvery once in my life I saw. Maybe it is not particularly noteworthy, but from its inflorescences oil is made, widely used in cosmetology and in folk medicine. It helps to cope with many problems that concern health and appearance.
How can you apply it? What are the active ingredients? What is the use and harm of milk thistle oil for humans? About this and many other things now it is worth telling.
Benefits of flavonoids
The so-called main active substancesMilk thistle. Flavonoids are vitamins of group R. It includes about 120 substances, among them anthocyanin, hesperidinum, rutin, esculin, quercetin, etc. And if we talk about the benefits of milk thistle oil, then the positive effects it provides can be identified in the following list:
- Reduced permeability of blood vessels. Increase their elasticity, strength and flexibility.
- Balancing heart rate.
- Normalization of blood and intraocular pressure.
- Regulation of the production of urine and the formation of bile.
- Stimulation of the adrenal cortex.
- Normalization of histamine and serotonin production.
- Relief and acceleration of the course of an allergic reaction.
- Rejuvenation of the body, restoration of immunity and protection against infections. This is affected by a flavonoid, like catechin.
- Reducing the risk of developing tumor cells. This is affected by quercetin.
- Help in the treatment of rheumatism, ulcers, atherosclerosis and hypertension.
- Regulation of collagen formation.
- Reduction of unpleasant symptoms in the climacteric period in women.
Given the role of flavonoids in the body, one should not tolerate their deficiency. The lack of these substances affects human health not in the best way.
The cardiovascular system
Her work, of course, reflects the benefits of oilMilk thistle. And the harm, of course, can be, but only with the abuse of drugs. If you overdo with the dosage, then the body will increase the cholesterol content, and this is fraught with a thickening of the vascular walls, a decrease in the degree of vascular conduction, as well as worsening of blood circulation and the work of organ systems.
But, observing the measure, you can only provide your body with a service. Prolonged use of this agent leads to the following results:
- The level of "bad" cholesterol is reduced.
- The elasticity of the blood vessels is restored, their structure is strengthened.
- The risk of blood clots is minimized.
- Lipid metabolism is normalized.
- Blood coagulability improves significantly.
- The risk of a stroke and a heart attack decreases.
- The work of the heart muscle is stabilized.
- The probability of developing such diseases as ischemia, cardiosclerosis, hypertension and atherosclerosis decreases.
In general, there are many benefits. But, having decided to start taking oil, you need to consult a cardiologist.
Effects on the liver
It simply needs to be mentioned with attention, since it is a question of the benefits and harm of the milk thistle oil.
Milk thistle and preparations made on its basis,have long been the best herbal remedies, helping in the treatment of many liver diseases. The active substances of this plant help not just to improve health. They help restore damaged cells of the liver!
The fact is that in the composition of the oil there is aa substance like silymarin. It strengthens liver cell membranes, promotes the formation of new ones, and also protects them from toxins, translating negative compounds into less harmful ones.
So the drug helps to normalize the outflow of bile, cure hepatitis, cleanse the body and neutralize the harm done to the body by nicotine and alcohol.
The liver oil brought by the liver of thistle (no harm to the body - this is for sure) is really invaluable. But this miraculous tool costs only 200-250 rubles per bottle in 250 ml.
Benefits for the gastrointestinal tract
At work of the gastrointestinal tract, the use of this remedy is also reflected positively. Oil is recommended for complex treatment of such diseases:
- Ulcer of duodenum and stomach.
- Inflammation of the spleen and gallbladder.
Another tool helps to establish the work of the digestive tract after a prolonged non-compliance with the correct diet, which, undoubtedly, is harmful.
How to take thistle oil? Benefit and improve the body it will bring, if you drink at least a month's course.
During this time, anti-inflammatory andWound healing properties due to the presence of organic acids in the preparation will be able to manifest. And the lagnas, which are also part of the drug, will contribute to the removal of cholesterol plaques from the vessels and toxins from the body.
The effect on the skin
Milk thistle oil is a unique cosmeticmeans. It has anti-allergic, bactericidal, wound-healing and anti-inflammatory effects. Therefore, it is recommended to apply in the presence of such diseases:
- Hair loss and alopecia.
The oil contains a large amount of vitamin E.Due to this component, oil eliminates dry skin, fights stretch marks and pigmented spots, prevents premature aging of the dermis.
It also suppresses the destructivethe action of free oxygen radicals, makes tissues more resistant to external negative effects, provides the skin with a hydrophobic barrier and even whitens it.
You can not take oil for cosmetic purposes.only inside. It is strongly recommended that you make masks with it. Before each washing of the head for two or three hours, carefully rub the oil into the roots and into the skin, and then distribute along the length. Within a month, the hair will become stronger and shiny.
For the face, too, there are different masks.According to one of the most popular recipes, you need to mix fresh aloe juice with thistle oil and lemon juice. Apply to a clean face and wash off after 15 minutes. The result is noticeable after the first application.
What pleases me - there are such recipesinnumerable (both for the face and for the hair). You can regularly try new ones - so you can avoid getting used to the same active components.
How to apply?
Above, much has been said about the use of thistle oil.And of course this harm can also bring harm, but more on this later. In the meantime, it is worth discussing how to apply it. The recommendations are as follows:
- In the presence of skin diseases, a long timehealing ulcers, burns and wounds, it is necessary to do curative appliques. To prepare them, you need to mix the ethereal chamomile and lavender oil (5 drops each) and add a tablespoon of milk thistle oil.
- If there are problems concerning rheumatology, then within 2 months you need to drink 15 ml before the first meal to drink 20 ml.
- In diseases of the colon, you need to do microclysters of 30 ml. The course is 20 daily procedures. Perform only after cleansing enema.
- For the treatment of hemorrhoids and the healing of cracks formed in the anus, it is necessary to oil the damaged areas several times a day.
- If you want to lose weight, then twice a day you need to take butter for half an hour before eating.
- In the presence of atrophic vaginitis, the girl should, for his own treatment, make prophylactic tampons. Sterile cotton wool soaked in oil and inject it at night. Repeat 12-15 times.
- For the treatment and prevention of cervical erosionit is necessary to inject into the vagina a mixture consisting of the milk thistle oil (50 ml) and the tea tree (2.5 ml) by means of a syringe. Having done this, raise your legs, taking the form of "birch" and keep it for five minutes. The procedure to spend at night and wash it is not necessary.
- If you have stomach problems, you should take oil three times a day before meals, 15 ml each. Therapy lasts 1 month. Then a break is made for one week, and after 7 days the course resumes.
- People who are poisoned with food or alcohol, as well as pregnant to facilitate toxicology, should take oil every 7 hours for 15 ml.
Here are the answers to the question regarding how to take thistle oil. Benefits and harm, as you know, rarely exist on a segregated basis, and this case is no exception.
The fact is that this tool is also shown whenproblems of a cardiological nature. But the cores can have contraindications and intolerance of some of its active ingredients. Starting to take oil without consulting a doctor, you can do much harm yourself.
Let this agent of plant origin,Its reception is still carried out under the supervision of a specialist. Therefore, how to take the milk thistle oil correctly with cardiac diseases, the doctor will tell.
And it's worth briefly about it. Because one of the most popular and inexpensive biologically active additives is precisely the milk thistle oil in capsules.
The benefits and harms of this drug are studied along andacross, take it comfortably, contraindications are few - the drug is really ideal for the prevention and therapy of many diseases! But self-medication is not recommended. The drug has evidence, and here is their list:
- Long-term treatment with antibiotics, serious medications, hormonal drugs.
- Obesity or overweight.
- Sore eyes and eyesight decay.
- Living in a zone with smoke or high levels of radiation.
- High blood pressure.
- Insomnia, nightmares.
- Chronic fatigue.
- Apathy, depression, regular nerve overexertion.
- Elevated cholesterol level in the cavity of blood vessels.
- Poisoning with pesticides, food or heavy metal salts.
- Premature aging of body tissues and menopause.
In addition to the above, there are additional indications. The milk thistle oil in capsules is recommended to be taken in those cases if:
- A person systematically takes antidepressants.
- Recently, interruption of pregnancy with medicines was made.
- A person works under difficult environmental conditions.
- There is a dependence on alcohol.
- Recently, a low-calorie hard diet was passed.
- A person experiences strong mental or physical stress.
It is believed that this drug is able to helpto cope with many of the consequences that arise in a person because of the bad conditions in which he is forced to stay and bring himself thereby harm. And the oil from the seeds of milk thistle really does have an undeniable benefit. This can be seen, not only by starting to accept it, but also by studying the opinions of real people. They should be considered separately.
Reviews about the drug
Many people, especially girls, accept thismeans for various purposes. And they gladly talk about the benefits and harms of milk thistle oil in reviews left to share information "from the first mouth" with others. Here's what they say:
- The undoubted plus of the drug is its convenience and accessibility to use. Capsules can be taken with you wherever you go. The main thing - do not forget to drink them during meals (4 capsules three times a day).
- Already after a few days after the beginning of admission, there are improvements in the body. The bowel works like clockwork - there is no stagnation of bile, or heartburn. Digestion also improves.
- The skin condition improves significantly. It becomes more elastic, clean and soft. Therefore, many people advise taking the drug in the winter, when the skin is susceptible to desiccation.
- Emotional swings disappear somewhere as if by themselves. The mood stabilizes, and there is always a positive attitude.
- The appetite is normalized. There is a want much less, as a result of which excess weight goes away. Many girls say that for each week of taking the drug they managed to get rid of 1-1.5 kg.
- Improves well-being. This is all due to the strengthening of immunity, which affects the vitamin E contained in the preparation. Thanks to him, the body receives undoubted benefit from the milk thistle oil.
Milk thistle and harm can bring - this toothere is a mention in some reviews. But these are the cases when people abused the drug, took it not according to instructions. Naturally, if you drink not 12 capsules per day, but 30, then anyone will become ill.
Oil with selenium
And this drug should be told a little. How does the milk thistle oil and selenium benefit and harm? What is this tool, what is its difference from the usual version?
This tool, supporting the function of the digestive tract,biliary tract and liver. The oil itself is rich in trace elements, fatty acids, vitamins, tocopherols, carotenoids and bioflavonoids, but this preparation has one feature.
This is a selenopyran - a uniquefat-soluble antioxidant, specially introduced into it. It contains organic selenium. And this is an important element, without which antioxidant protection of living organisms is impossible.
The list of actions, rendered by selenium, it is possibleto list long. It protects DNA cells from disorders, participates in the production of hormones, improves potency, strengthens the immune system, helps absorb fat-soluble vitamins, etc.
Therefore, if you want to start drinking milk thistle oil, it is better to choose in favor of the drug with selenium. Because the body often and so receives it in insufficient quantities.
Well, since so much has been said about the benefitsButters or oils of a thistle, and about harm too it will be fair to mention. Contra-indications, in the presence of which the use of the product may cause damage to health, include:
- Lactation period.
- The presence of mental illness or abnormality.
- Unformed immunity and a fragile organism (it is forbidden to give children under three years old).
- Period of exacerbation of chronic diseases. Particular care should be exercised in cholecystitis and cholelithiasis.
In addition, before using the productit is necessary to consult a doctor. A person may not even know that he has an individual intolerance of the components that make up his composition.
If there is no possibility or desire to visitdoctor, it is strongly recommended to at least begin to use this herbal preparation in small quantities. If after that no side effects or worsening of well-being are noticed, it means that the milk thistle will not harm the person.