Summer offers a wonderful opportunity for people to replenish the body with all sorts of berries, vegetables and fruits, including in their composition a huge amount of vitamins and minerals.
History of origin
Watermelon is a berry that is melonculture of the Pumpkin family and has many useful elements. There is still debate about the history of the origin of this product, calling it the homeland of a distant South Africa, then India. Since ancient times, wondering what vitamins are in the watermelon, the culture was also grown in China, and in the 12th century. it began to be cultivated in Europe. On the territory of our country, the berry is grown from the XIII century. There is an opinion that in the northern parts of the country he fell due to the Tatars. To date, this melon plant is grown in almost 100 countries.
Chemical composition of the crop
Useful and medicinal properties are possessed by the wholefruit, including the skin, seeds and the flesh itself. About what vitamins in a watermelon and what it consists of, not everyone knows. Approximately 90% of water is included in the product. The greatest amount of fiber and soluble sugars is contained in the juicy pulp - it's fructose, sucrose and glucose. Such acids as folic, nicotinic and ascorbic are present in the bones of watermelon. Also in the product there are iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, calcium, protein, alkaline and pectin substances, carotenoids and amino acids - tyrosine, citrulline, valine, isoleucine and so on. The chemical composition of watermelon, calories, vitamins, nutritional value - all this indicates that this is a real find and a miracle berry for the human body.
Useful properties and characteristics of watermelon
However, sometimes you can see pink, crimson andeven white color. Often you can hear the question: "What vitamins are contained in watermelon?" Contrary to the opinion of many, there are enough nutrients in this wonder-berry. These are vitamins of group B, starting from vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, and also A, C and P. Below you will find out in detail about what vitamins contain watermelon:
- B1 takes part in cardiovascular workand the nervous system, contributes to the elimination of joint diseases and actively participates in metabolic processes. Daily rate - at least 2 mg. One serving of watermelon contains an average of 0.04 mg of this vitamin.
- B2 is also responsible for the above functions,but additionally plays a vital role in the work of the liver. The norm during the day is also about 2 mg, and the watermelon portion consists of 0.06 mg of this vitamin.
- What vitamins are in the watermelon still? B6, which is responsible for the process of assimilation of amino acids and the processing of nicotinic acid in the body.
- B9 takes part in the functioning of blood cells and regulates the condition of the blood as a whole.
- Vitamin A is responsible for the general state of immunity, vision and skin tone. In the pulp of 100 grams of watermelon is about 0.1 mg of vitamin, with a daily rate of 2 mg.
- Vitamin PP, responsible for the supply of oxygen to organs and tissues, also affects the work of the heart. One hundred grams of watermelon contain about 0.2 mg (with a daily requirement of 30 mg).
- And finally, vitamin C is an indispensable element,required by the body from early childhood. He is responsible for the condition of hair, skin, teeth and nails. A slice of watermelon totals about 7 mg with a daily requirement of 100 mg.
Application in folk medicine
Despite the fact that the watermelon is a very useful berry,there are contraindications to it all the same. Caution should be used fruits to those who have problems with edema, urinary system and prostate. People with diabetes should also be cautious about this product.
In conclusion, it should be noted that the benefits of watermelonis very large, you can enjoy it without fear of ruining the figure. The main rule of consumption of this juicy and large berries is not to abuse and carefully approach the choice.